The joy of doing nothing
A wise man wrote: “Every period of activity must be followed by a period of rest”. Why not, therefore, take advantage of the warm and welcoming atmosphere of our new Wellness Centre after an invigorating day full of new experiences and discoveries.
Enjoy the soft caress of the indoor swimming pool and of the saunas. Spoil yourself with the extraordinary beauty treatments or restore your energy with fantastic massages. You and your holiday will both reap the benefit!
The Hotel Monte Giner’s Wellness Centre is open to all guests, and also to all clients of Residence Piz Aot and Marisol, every day from 14.00 to 19.30.
The spacious and welcoming centre is divided into:
> WELLNESS ZONE
- Covered heated swimming pool with water effects and cervical showers at a temperature of 30 degrees
- Jacuzzi at 36 degrees
- Finnish sauna: a dry bath at 80°-110°C. It’s a rustic setting filled with the fragrance of upper mountain wood. The majolica stove produces a pleasant heat and creates a really enjoyable atmosphere. The natural aromas stimulate the circulation, helping to detoxicate the body and have a beneficial effect on the skin and respiratory organs. The sauna’s dry climate is also recommended for chronic rheumatisms and arthroses.
Use: For a correct use of the Finnish sauna we recommend following these simple instructions: have a shower before entering the sauna, take a towel with you to lie on (you’ll find them on the shelves); after the sauna put the towel into the wicker basket. You should perspire for 10/15 minutes and then freshen up with a shower. Finally, rest and relax. Repeat the cycle once or twice, depending on your physical condition and on your personal tastes. Replenish lost fluids with cold drinks or fruit juices.
Remarks: The “Tirolese” sauna, like other saunas based on sharp thermal changes, is not recommended for those suffering from heart problems, people with high blood pressure and in cases of arteriosclerosis, colds, sinusitis or influenza.
- Vitarium: This facility offers a symbiosis of natural and curative elements. The vigorous heat and a mild steam, together with natural essences and stimulating fragrances, soothing and meditative music and mono-coloured lighting, stimulate the respiratory tracts and the immune system. The particular use of coloured lights creates a notable positive biological effect throughout the body. After this celebration of the senses you’ll see the world in a new light and you’ll feel rejuvenated.
Use: have a shower before entering, taking a towel with you to lie on. Stay for 15/20 minutes and then freshen up with a shower. Finally, rest and relax. Repeat the cycle once or twice, depending on your physical condition and on your personal tastes.
- Turkish bath: steam bath at 45°-48°C. This bath offers a pleasant combination of radiant heat and steam. The heat radiated from the benches and walls increases body temperature, reinforcing its immune system, while you enjoy the benefit of a steam bath at the same time. Recommended for improving the respiratory system, it facilitates pH regulation, hydration and skin cleansing. A pleasant and beneficial aromatic bath is achieved by adding natural essences mixed with the steam.
Use: Stay in the Turkish bath for at least half an hour.
- Kneipp Therapy: A course that stimulates the circulation of the lower limbs by immersing the feet in special hot and cold water sprays.
Use: put your feet in and begin the course. Stay in for 3 seconds in cold water, 3 minutes in hot water: repeat 3 times. Follow the course before entering the sauna.
Rules: Admission to children under 15 years of age is permitted only if accompanied by a parent. Admission to the Sauna area is permitted with or without a bathing costume Bathing cap compulsory in the swimming pool (it’s possible to buy one in the hotel). Compulsory to wear suitable sandals/flip-flops (it’s possible to buy them in the hotel).
> BEAUTY ZONE
The Beauty Zone is open from 9.00 to 13.00 and from 14.30 to 19.00.
- Solarium: Token-operated shower. Ask for the tokens at the Beauty Reception
- Beauty and Massage Centre: our staff of beauticians is on hand to advise you in the choice of the most suitable massages and treatments.
Bookings at the Beauty Centre: in order to be able to fully meet your needs with regards to dates and times of the chosen treatments, we recommend contacting the beauty manager at least one week before your arrival.
Discounts: Those who book treatments in the morning will receive a discount of 15% (non accumulative). Stay + Beauty: If you book one of the Beauty packages at the same time as confirming your stay, you will immediately receive a discount of 10% on the cost of the Beauty package (not accumulative)